Translate

Monday 5 January 2015

#05 Stencils and Design Team called extended

Welcome back to The Mirror Crack'd and Happy New Year. I hope you have all enjoyed a fabulous Christmas and New Year and are raring to put your creative thinking caps on. 
 
Sadly we have lost another two members of our team Merethe and Angela J, due to family commitments, so I am still running the DT call. Please put DT after your name if you fancy joining us. The commitment is for only one project a month, plus commenting on a number assigned to you, so it’s quite easy to do.

For our first challenge of 2015 we would like you to use Stencils somewhere in/on your project.
 
We hope our fabulous Design Team can inspire you. Please pop by their blogs and show them your appreciation

Sue-scrumplescrunch
On this canvas I show two methods of stencil work; texture paste and paint.
I have a written tutorial on my Blog.

Shilpa
I've made Mixed Media Canvas for this stencil theme challenge. If you would like to see more close up views, please visit my blog Neon Diary

Angela R.
Felix the Crafty Cat

Hi to you all. I've been working in my journal for this stencil theme, using Gesso and inks to apply the designs. Hope you will pop over to my blog to see more details of how I did this.

This time my contribution is an altered calendar.
I have used gesso, modelling paste and ink with 3 different stencils.

I created a canvas using 2 different stencils. I airbrushed, used acrylic paint and texture paste. And also stencilled through the Owl die.
 
I made this mixed media canvas with photos from our wedding day, now almost 2.5 years ago! I used lots of stencils, structure paste, distress paint, design paper, mod podge, lots of embellishments....
More details you can find on my blog!

TMC 05 Stencils
I created a new art journal page with a stamp from Prima and stencils from Splodgeaway and also from Imagination Crafts. For more details please see my blog

 
LIN W

8 comments:

  1. Hello,is it me or or is there a linky on here that I just can't see?

    hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NO there isn't!!! Thanks for pointing it out. I think my head is gone with the fairies today. Off to correct it now!

      Lin xx

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, a DT Call. Saw it some days ago and have given it a good thought before I decided to try my luck ;)
    Great challenge theme too! And awesome DT inspiration as usual. Finally I made it and played along! Good luck to all the applicants!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a fabulous challenge and for the wonderful DT inspirations Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what beautiful creations!
    I just did help me to put a translator on my blog.
    Phew, he went time !!!

    xoxo

    ADA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning DT creations, as always!! Wonderful challenge, I just love using my stencils!! Thanks for the inspiration, see you again soon. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo sorry added my link twice ( too excited about the DT call!!)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just incredible inspirations pieces from the Design Team! I just had to join the fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving us a comment.